• Kachemak Emergency Services responded to two emergency medical services calls.
• HVFD responded to six EMS calls and one vehicle fire call on Bear Creek.
• Anchor Point Fire and EMS responded to two EMS calls.
• A caller reported theft of a firearm from a residence where tenants are being evicted.
• A multi-vehicle accident with damage was reported near Ben Walters Lane and Smoky Bay.
• An anonymous caller reported the location of a male wanted on an outstanding warrant. Officers responded to the scene and arrested one male. He was housed at the Homer Jail.
• A caller reported an attempted break-in at Pick and Pay. There was no entry and nothing was missing.
• A caller reported a road sign down in roadway, possible hit and run; Public Works was notified.
• A female came to the Homer Police Department with information on the whereabouts of a wanted subject.
• A caller reported a hit and run near the Homer Bypass.
• A subject came to HPD regarding options for a hit and run.
• A subject reported a tree on his property had been cut down.
• A third-party caller reported possible theft of firearm by a juvenile.
• A female reported a dog barking in a residential neighborhood.
• A subject came to HPD to report a stolen vehicle from the airport. The vehicle was found later. Female reports she thought it was her rental car.
• A caller reported finding a hypodermic needle on the sidewalk in front of a business on Pioneer Avenue.
• A caller reported the whereabouts of a wanted subject.
• A parent reported that a juvenile was stealing weapons from another residence.
• A caller reported a juvenile pushing a baby in a stroller and not being appropriately dressed for the weather. An officer was advised and the children were released to parents’ care.
• A caller reported a snowplow had blocked a vehicle in with snow. An officer advised options.
• An officer provided transport and seized marijuana from a juvenile.
• A caller reported an injured owl, agency notified.
• A caller requested a welfare check on an intoxicated female near mile 3.5 of Spit Rd.
• A 911 caller reported an unknown male knocking on door requesting help with a vehicle in ditch. Officers responded to the area, but were unable to locate him. The owner of the vehicle later reported theft of vehicle.
• A subject came to HPD regarding a possible stalker. An officer advised options.
• An out-of-state caller reported finding a suspicious letter regarding subjects in the Homer area.
• A caller reported finding a lost poodle. Animal Control was contacted and the poodle housed at Homer Animal Shelter.
On Feb. 20, around 6:40 p.m., troopers performed a traffic stop at Pioneer Avenue and Svedlund Street on a vehicle with expired registration. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Alexander Napier, age 31, of Homer. Napier was found to be operating the vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. He was arrested and held at the Homer Jail in lieu of $500 bail.
Comments are closed