• National President’s Scholarship, $1,500 plus: Award is gifted to high school seniors who are daughters, sons, greats and step-great children of Veterans who served in the Armed Forces during eligibility dates for membership in The American Legion. Eligibility dates are on the scholarship application. No Legion Membership is required. Deadline is March 1, 2014
• Non-Traditional Auxiliary Scholarship $1,000: For continuing students who are members of the Legion, Auxiliary, or S.A.L. (Legion Family). Deadline March 1, 2014.
• Auxiliary Spirit of Youth Scholarship $1,000: Must be a Junior Auxiliary Member for past three years and hold a membership card for the current (2013) year. A four year Award. Deadline March 1, 2014.
• Department of Alaska – Richard D. Johnson Memorial $1,000: For any high school senior who may not be able to get a scholarship and is ready to make a commitment to post-secondary education. Deadline is March. 30, 2014.
• Merrilyn Stock Memorial Scholarship, $500-$1,000: For continuing students who are members of the Legion Family. Due last day of March 2014.
• Legion Auxiliary Unit 16 Scholarships $500 award: High School Seniors (C-B student) Deadline is April 1, 2014.
Check for applications for scholarships at all high school counselor’s office in the greater Homer area, Connections, Flex School, schools across the Bay, and American Legion Post 16.
Contact Darlene at (907) 235-6789 or Post at (907) 235-8864 for more information and/or applications.
Several of these scholarships have a $500 (Homer winner) award.
Comments are closed