Lady Mariners need your help
Are you interested in coaching basketball or know someone who is? Homer High School is looking for a junior varsity/assistant girls’ basketball coach. (See www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us for job description and qualifications.) A completed KPBSD application is required. This position will be filled as soon as possible.
In addition to the JV coaching position, both the middle school and high school girls’ teams would benefit from skilled volunteers who are available to help with practices. A short KPBSD volunteer application (completed online) is required. If you are interested, please leave your name and contact information with the Homer High School office, 235-4600, and girls’ basketball coach Connie Akers will call you later this month.
What’s up at Kevin Bell Arena?
Too early to start thinking about ice? Not if you’re one of the many hockey and broomball fans in the Homer area. The ice starts going into the rink on Sept. 9, with a YWAM Camp to follow on Sept. 22-23.
• Dean Kildaw has accepted the position of rink manager for the 2013-2014 season. He previously worked as a rink attendant and ice official, and is quite the hockey player.
• Two rink attendant positions are currently open for the 2013-2014 season. If you are interested in this position, email email@example.com
• Kevin Bell Arena is developing a figure skating club for younger skaters this year. We are looking for kids, coaches and a manager. Please contact Shelly Laukitis if you are interested in being put on our email information list. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Adult Hockey 101: Learn the basics of skating, puck-handling and the principles of the game. Three sessions a week start in mid-September, with separate instruction for men and women. Get up to speed to play weekend novice hockey all winter long.
Sign up early for assistance in finding gear and contact Charlie Stewart at email@example.com
• The Broomball League has appealed to the International Broomball Association to compete as an Alaska team at the 2015 global championships.
For more information on these programs and more, check out www.homerhockey.org.
Comments are closed