• Homer Volunteer Fire Department responded to 15 EMS and three fire calls for the week of July 29 – August 4.
• Kachemak Emergency Services responded to 2 medical emergency calls and 1 mutual aide fire call to Homer Fire Department during the week of July 29th – Aug. 4th.
• Kachemak Emergency Services Board will be holding their regular monthly meeting on Thursday, August 8th at 7 pm.
• Anchor Point Fire & EMS responded to 5 medical calls the week of July 29 – August 4.
• On July 15, Alaska Wildlife Troopers responded to the Anchor River for a report of several anglers fishing the Anchor River during an emergency order closure. The troopers contacted Edwin T. Lee, age 55 of Anchorage, Daniel C. Bonner, age 60 of Homer and Darren D. Williams, age 47 of Homer while they were sport fishing closed waters. Investigation revealed Bonner and Williams had retained Dolly Varden and were issued a citation for the violation with bail set at $130 and $150, respectively. Lee was also cited for sport fishing closed waters with bail set at $110 in Homer Court.
• Eric Overson, 35, of Anchor Point was issued a citation by the Alaska Wildlife Troopers Anchor Point Post July 15 for sport fishing in closed waters. Investigation revealed that Overson was fishing in the waters near the mouth of the Anchor River. Bail $110
• Alaska Wildlife Troopers issued a citation to Juxia P. Scarpitta, age 47 of Homer July 16 for failing to record personal use caught salmon on her Upper Cook Inlet P/U permit. Bail was set at $110 for Homer Court.
• Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Jared T. Porter, age 34 of Homer July 24 for failing to submit a hunt report for a 2012 registration goat hunt- RG365. Bail is set at $110 in Homer Court.
• On July 26, Troopers observed a vehicle cross the Sterling Highway at mile 169 and crash into a guard rail. The vehicle, a gold, Chevy, pickup, was north bound when it swerved across the HWY and crashed into the guard rail. The driver was identified as Collin Attleson, age 19, of Kenai. Investigation revealed Attleson was driving recklessly. Attleson was arrested for Reckless Driving and transported to the Homer Jail where he was remanded with bail set at $250.
• Patrol Request: A caller reported a juvenile boy on his property on Shirely Court without his permission. The boy had also been sighted on a neighbor’s property.
• Suspicious Circumstances: A 911 caller reported a juvenile boy hunting ravens with a bow on the Spit. An officer was informed.
• Disturbance: A caller reported a man causing a disturbance at a local clinic for having been denied pain medication on a previous date.
• Welfare Check: A caller reported a man lying on a roof in his underwear. An officer went to the house on Rochelle Road to find the man was just sunbathing.
• Criminal Mischief: A caller reported their mailbox smashed sometime in the early morning on Kachemak Drive.
• Suspicious Circumstances: An anonymous woman reported two men had approached her car and asked her disturbing questions while she was on Poopdeck Street.
• Suspicious Circumstances: A caller reported an unknown man had approached her children while they were swinging at a local park. But the man left the park before she got to her kids. An officer was advised.
• Suspicious Circumstances: An officer contacted a woman about numerous unsubstantiated reports of theft and unlawful entry.
• Intoxicated Pedestrian: Someone reported a man passed out on the Poopdeck Trail. An officer went to the scene but the man had left the area.
• Suspicious Vehicles: A caller reported cars drag racing on Bartlett and Soudview. No plates were given. An officer went to the area but did not see any racing.
• Suicide Attempt/Threat: The Ninilchik Tribe reported someone had left a message threatening suicide. An officer went to the scene on Lake Street.
• Violated Camping Rules: A caller reported some campers were taking up a larger space than was alloted for camping at Mariner Park. The camp fee personnel were advised.
• Harassment: A local company reported a prior customer was leaving excessive messages and demanding service after service had been terminated. An officer advised caller to cease communications with the company.
• Welfare Check: A man requested a welfare check on himself in the morning. An officer was advised.
• Animal Related Complaint: A caller reported a porcupine was trapped in a fishing net.
• Motor Vehicle Accident: A man reported a car had collided with a business on East End Road. An officer was advised.
• City Ordinance: A 911 caller reported people shooting high powered rifles on the beach. No officer was available at the time. Caller later reported shooters had left the beach.
Comments are closed