• Tagged fish rolling in like crazy.
The new 182.5-pound derby leader got to keep his name up on the leader board for only one day before Christopher Johnson’s 197.6-pound flatfish knocked him right on off.
Johnson, of Fort Collins, Colo. was fishing with Captain Scott Glosser on Friday when he landed his leader fish.
In the tagged fish side of halibut fishing action, another 11 anglers pulled in tagged catches, each vying for a shot at the GCI $50,000 fish or the Stanley Ford F-150 fish. Some would be happy enough to just reel in one of the $10,000 tagged fish that continue to lurk in the Bay.
The winners will be announced on Sept. 16, but the least these anglers will win is $250.
That’s not bad for one day of fishing.
Homer Jackpot Halibut Derby
June 24, 2013
NEW 2013 JACKPOT LEADER
197.6 pounds caught by Christopher Johnson of Fort Collins, Colo. on June 21. Johnson was fishing with Captain Scott Glosser aboard the F/V Mako.
June Tagged Fish Winners
• Chester Kaczanowski of Dearborn Heights, Mich. on June 14 with Bob’s Trophy Charters.
• Anthony Hanson of Anchorage, on June 15 with Bob’s Trophy Charters.
• Louis Nagy of Nazareth, Penn. on June 17 with Bob’s Trophy Charters.
• Robert Beals of Nashville, Tenn. on June 18 with Homer Ocean Charters.
• William Ivory of Anchorage on June 21 with Bob’s Trophy Charters.
• Del Parks Jr. of Stockton, Calif. on June 21 with Tim Berg’s Alaska Fishing Adventures.
• Sherman Ampey of Paw Paw, Mich. on June 22 with Bob’s Trophy Charters.
• Mitchell Levine of New York, NY. on June 22 with North Country Halibut Charters.
• Gennie Kirby of High Point, NC. on June 23 with Bob’s Trophy Charters.
• Todd Carlisle of Blaine, Minn. on June 23 with North Country Halibut Charters.
• Richard Bennecke of Gardnerville, Nev. on June 23 with North Country Halibut Charters.
Comments are closed