Kachemak Emergency Services responded to one medical emergency call during the week of April 8-14.
Kachemak Emergency Service Area Board will hold their regular monthly meeting 7 p.m. Thursday at the McNeil Canyon Fire Station – 53048 Ashwood Ave. at Mile 12 East End Road. The public is welcome to attend. Call 235-9811 for more information.
Anchor Point Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to four medical calls the week of April 8-14.
Homer Volunteer Fire Department responded to 15 emergency medical service and three fire calls for the week of April 8 – 14.
On April 6, 2013 around 9:25 p.m., Alaska State Troopers contacted Jimmie Singree, 39, of Kenai on a traffic stop. Investigation revealed Singree had an outstanding warrant. Singree was arrested and remanded to Homer Jail.
• Anchor Point based Troopers performed a traffic stop on a Chrysler Mini-van near mile 1 of East End Road for an equipment violation. The driver of the vehicle (Thaddaeus Gunther, age 32, of Homer) was found to be operating the vehicle under the influence of alcohol and in possession of a personal use amount of marijuana. Gunther was arrested and remanded at the Homer Jail in lieu of $750 bond
• The Alaska State Troopers responded to a motor vehicle collision on East Skyline Road in Homer. Investigation revealed Anna Vitale-Wall, 29, of Homer, was driving a 2010 Jeep Wrangler west on East Skyline Road when she lost control of her vehicle which slid into the opposite lane of travel. The Jeep collided with a 2009 water tanker operated by George Munsell, 48, of Anchor Point. All occupants were wearing seat belts and no injuries were reported.
• Anchor Point based Troopers performed a traffic stop on a white Ford Explorer near mile 160 of the Sterling Highway after the vehicle was observed crossing the centerline and driving in the oncoming lane. Investigation revealed the driver (Aloysa Harwood, age 32, of Soldotna) was driving under the influence of drugs. Further investigation revealed that Harwood was in possession of a personal use amount of marijuana and in violation of her court ordered conditions of release from a separate pending criminal case. Harwood was arrested and remanded at the Homer Jail without bond.
• Troopers responded to Anchor Point for a death investigation. Elizabeth Houglum, age 63, of Anchor Point, called 911 reporting that her husband, Howard Houglum, age 65, of Anchor Point, was unconscious and unresponsive. Anchor Point EMS responded. Attempts to resuscitate H. Houglum were unsuccessful and he was pronounced deceased at the scene. Next of kin were on scene. No foul play was suspected.
• City Ordinance: A man called to report a car that was parked and blocking the dock. A harbor officer was notified and the car was removed.
• Patrol Request: A caller requested extra patrols on West Fairview Avenue due to the theft of gas from two cars the night before.
• Suspicious Circumstances: A man reported an attempted theft on China Poot Street. But the he was outside the city limits so he was referred to the Alaska State Troopers.
• Animal Related: A caller reported an eagle stuck in a tree and not moving. The eagle freed itself during the call.
• Disturbance: A man called to report loud music coming from a nearby residence on Lakeside Court. An officer responded, and the subject was advised to lower the music.
• REDDI: An anonymous caller reported an impaired driver dropped off a student at Paul Banks Elementary after the fact. The vehicle did not return to the school.
• Drug Information: A woman reported a suspicious car at an equally suspicious house and possibly drug activities taking place. An officer reported to the scene on Lakeside Circuit and made contact with the suspicious subjects.
• City Ordinance-A woman reported an ATV driving in the restricted area of Bishops Beach. An officer went to the beach and gave a warning to the ATV driver.
• Trespass-A caller reported an intoxicated man at a place of business on Ocean Drive. An officer went to the scene and the man was arrested for criminal trespassing.
• City Ordinance-Multiple calls to report loud music coming from the beach. Some officers went to the beach and told the people there to keep the noise down.
• Animal Related Offense/Complaint-A woman reported her lost dog on Larkspur Circuit.
• Disturbance-Multiple calls to report loud music coming from the beach. Some officers went to the beach and the people were given a disorderly conduct warning.
• Assault/Family-A caller requested some police assistance with a dispute at a residence on Soundview Avenue. An officer went to the scene and a man was arrested and housed at the Homer jail.
• Open Container in Vehicle-A driver called to report that their passenger had an open container in the vehicle. An officer went to the scene on Lake Street. The driver was given a warning and the passenger left the scene.
• Drug Information-A woman called to report someone was going to Anchorage to buy methamphetamine to sell in Homer. She was also worried for a young child’s safety.
Comments are closed