Kachemak Emergency Services responded to two medical emergencies, one fire call and one search and rescue call during the week of March 18 – 24.
Anchor Point Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to five medical calls and one fire call the week of March 18-24
Homer Volunteer Fire Department responded to ten Emergency Medical Service calls, one fire call, and one carbon monoxide check for the week of March 18 – 25.
Alaska State Troopers
• Troopers responded to a REDDI report on the Old Sterling Highway. A Black Ford F250 reportedly crossed the roadway and entered the ditch. The driver was identified as Dalee Smith, 48, of Anchor Point. Troopers contacted Smith at her residence, and investigation revealed she had been driving under the influence. She was arrested for DUI and remanded to Homer Jail with bail set at $500.
• The Alaska State Troopers were on patrol on Virginia Avenue near Homer. Contact was made on a black, Chevrolet crew cab. The owner was identified as Dionisii Kuzmin, 26, of Homer. Investigation revealed Kuzmin had a warrant for his arrest. Troopers arrested Kuzmin for the warrant and transported him to the Homer Jail for remand on bail set at $500.
• The Alaska State Troopers responded to a motor vehicle collision at mile 148 of the Sterling Highway in Anchor Point. Investigation revealed David McKinney, 55, of Anchor Point was operating a 1994 Chevrolet Suburban. He was turning left onto Daniel Avenue. Nikit Reutov, 38, of Sterling was driving a 2008 GMC Sierra in the same direction and attempted to pass the Suburban at the same time it was turning left. The Sierra struck the driver’s door of the Suburban causing extensive damage. All parties reported wearing seat belts and no injuries were reported. Reutov was issued a citation for passing in a no passing zone.
• The Alaska State Troopers investigated a reported assault which had occurred earlier in the morning at a Homer residence. Investigation revealed Warren Magnuson, 38, of Homer had assaulted a female. Magnuson was subsequently charged with assault IV.
• Domestic Dispute-A local agency on Bartlett Street requested a welfare check on a patient due to a possible domestic dispute. An officer contacted the patient, but the event did not rise to the level of a crime.
• Protective Custody/Mental-A caller requested assistance with a man. The man was housed at the Homer Jail for protective custody.
• Criminal/Malice Mischief/Public-West Homer Elementary School reported a back gate had been damaged by a vehicle sometime during the school’s spring break.
• Animal Related Offense/Complaint-A caller reported a moose was “high centered” on a fence in a local yard. The moose later freed itself, but Fish and Game were still notified.
• Traffic-A man reported another man in a shiny black pick-up pointed a gun at him while passing at a high rate of speed on the Sterling Highway. Only partial plates were given.
• Domestic Dispute- A caller reported a spouse threatening to harm her several times. Their residence was out of the area.
• Animal Related Offense/Complaint-A man reported a dead eagle on Beluga Place. Fish and Wildlife were notified.
• Welfare Check-A caller reported two intoxicated females walking on Main Street and jumping in front of vehicles.
• Suspicious Vehicle-A caller reported a vehicle on Fireweed Avenue with possibly four juvenile males and possible drug activity. An officer went to the area but was unable to locate the vehicle.
• Animal Related Offense/Complaint-A caller reported a dead moose in their yard on West Fairview Avenue. An officer went to the scene.
• Agency Assist Inside Alaska-A woman reported someone was locked in the public restrooms on the Spit due to a broken lock. The Harbor officer went to the scene and all was OK.
• Intoxicated Pedestrian-A woman reported an intoxicated pedestrian around West Pioneer Avenue. An officer made contact with the impaired pedestrian and gave them a ride home.
• Civil Problem-A woman called 911 to report her daughter was trying to move her property out of the apartment and other girls were yelling at her so she requested an officer to assist.
• City Ordinance-A caller reported panhandling and vagrancy near the Bypass. An officer reported to the scene and the panhandler was issued a citation for trespassing.
Comments are closed