The local American Legion post’s scholarship application periods are now open for all high school seniors.
• American Legion Auxiliary Scholarships $500: H.S. seniors (C-B student) Deadline: April 1.
• American Legion Western District $1,000: For H.S. seniors who may not be able to get a scholarship and are ready to make a commitment to post-secondary education. Deadline: Feb. 28.
• National President’s Scholarship $1,500 plus: For H.S. seniors who are daughters, sons, greats and step-great children of veterans who served in the armed forces during eligibility dates on the scholarship application. Deadline: March 1.
• Western District Auxiliary Scholarship $500-$1,000: For continuing students who are members of the Legion Family. Deadline: last day of March.
• Non-Traditional Auxiliary Scholarship $1,000: For continuing students who are members of the Legion, Auxiliary, or S.A.L. Deadline: March 1.
• Auxiliary Spirit of Youth Scholarship $1,000: For Junior Auxiliary Members of the past three years and hold a membership card for the current (2013) year. This is a four-year award. Deadline: March 1.
Check for scholarship applications at area high schools and American Legion Post 16. Contact Darlene at 235-6789 or the Post at 235-8864 for more information and/or applications.
• Kenai Borough Employees Association Scholarships $500: For all 2013 graduates of the KPBSD (including public, private and home-schools). Applications and instructions are available from any high school counselor or at www.borough.kenai.ak.us.
Applications must be delivered, or postmarked by March 29. Applications can be mailed or dropped off at the Kenai Peninsula Borough, KBEA Scholarship Committee, 144 North Binkley St., Soldotna, 99669.
Comments are closed