The 2013 Anchor Point Snow Rondi’s theme this year is “Up to Snow Good,” a chance to get out for a diverse array of activities from a cozy indoor pool playing tournament to entering an archery match for the winner’s turkey prize.
Continuing an historic tradition in Anchor Point, a community founded by homesteaders and other hardy folks, the annual winter festival is meant to help people enjoy the last part of winter while they can, said organizer Jennifer Henley.
Events kick off with an auction at Chapman School led by auctioneer Chris Story at 7 p.m. Thursday. This is followed by a pool tournament.
The prizes and cash winnings are available through selling buttons at the auction. A $2 button purchase – designed by the winning entry by Chapman students – enters each name in a drawing for a Split-the-Pot Drawing. The Snomads sponsor a snow machine race for kidsize riders.
Anyone who wants to join the parade, lineup begins at 10 a.m. at the Petro Station then walks to the Anchor River Inn where the contests begin. Here is a listing of events:
Thursday, Feb. 21
• 7 p.m. Snow Rondi Auction- Chapman School
• 7 p.m. Pool Player Auction
Friday, Feb. 22
• 6: 30 p.m. Movie – Chapman School (children need to be accompanied by an adult)
• 7 p.m. Community Bingo – Anchor Point Senior Center
• 7 p.m. Pool Tournament – VFW post 10221
Saturday, Feb. 23
• 9-11 a.m. Community Breakfast, Anchor Point Senior Center
•Snow Rondi Parade – line up at Petro 10 a.m. Parade at 10:30 a.m.
Events at Chapman School:
• 11 .m. Pinewood Derby, Chapman School (weigh in at 10 a.m.)
• 11:30 a.m. Ski Biathlon, end of School Street
• 11:45 a.m. Snowshoe Biathlon, end of School Street
• Noon. Adult Archery and Turkey Shoot, Chapman School
• 12:30 p.m. Youth Ski Race, end of School Street.
• 1 p.m. Hockey Slap Shot, Chapman School
• 2 p.m. Youth Archery, Chapman School
• 2:30 p.m. Snowshoe Race, end of School Street.
• 2:45 p.m. Team Ski & Sled Pull, end of School Street
• 3:15 p.m. Al Garbe Kids Coin Hunt (ages up to 10), School Street
• 3:30 p.m. Kids Snow Shoe Toss, Chapman School
Sunday, Feb. 24
• 9-11 a.m. Community Breakfast – 9-11 a.m.
Anchor Point Senior Center.
Sunday, Feb. 24
• 10 a.m. Gun Safety Meeting, Gun Range
• 11 a.m. Mountain Man Classic, Gun Range
• 1-4 p.m. Snow Machine Activities, Griner Pit
• 2 p.m. Dog Show, Chapman School
• 4 p.m. Community Fish Fry, VFW Post 10221
Snow Rondi 2013 “Up to Snow Good” hoodies on sale at the chamber office.
Comments are closed