• Homer Volunteer Fire Department responded to 11 emergency medical calls and 1 fire call for the week of Dec. 17-23.
• Fire crews also responded to a carbon monoxide detector activation in a residence. Crews found it to be a faulty detector and advised the homeowner to replace it.
• With all the recent heavy snowfall, consider adopting a fire hydrant in your neighborhood to help keep it clear in the event of emergency.
Homer Police Department
• Police received a 911 misdial, and determined that a child had been playing with the phone. .
• Shoplifting: A business reported a shoplifter, and an officer responded to issue the subject a summons.
• Protective Custody: A man was housed in Homer Jail for protective custody due to intoxication.
• Forgery: A person came to the department to report forged checks.
• Theft: A caller reported theft of prescription medication.
• Domestic Dispute: An anonymous caller reported neighbors in a verbal dispute. Officers responded, but noted no disturbance.
• Disturbance: A caller reported hearing loud explosions, but was unable to give a location.
• Disturbance: A caller reported hearing two men arguing near a local business. Officers responded and contacted the men, but the situation did not rise to level of a crime.
• Theft III: A business reported a shoplifter. The responding officer arrested a man for third-degree theft.
• Assault: A caller reported a physical altercation between two men in a local parking lot. Officers responded and separated the men. One was arrested for violating a protective order, while the other was arrested for DUI. Both were housed at Homer Jail.
• Agency Assist: A caller reported water running down roadway. The Department of Transportation and Public Works were notified.
• Motor Vehicle Accident: A caller reported his father-in-law was involved in a motor vehicle accident. The other vehicle had left the scene, but the caller followed them to the college.
• Domestic Dispute: A caller reported a verbal dispute in a neighboring residence. Officers responded and issued warnings to all parties.
• Assault: A caller reported a dispute at neighbors. Responding officers arrested a female for assault and remanded her to Homer Jail.
• Civil Problem: A caller complained that a neighbor plowed snow onto his property.
• Suspicious Circumstance: A woman called 911 to report gunfire near her residence. The responding officer found nothing.
• Driving While Intoxicated: A caller reported two cars blocking the highway and a man on foot acting oddly. Officers responded, arrested a man for DUI and remanded him to Homer Jail.
• Assist Fire Department: An officer assisted HVFD with a vehicle fire.
• Theft of Watercraft: Caller reported a stolen boat. Officer was advised.
Comments are closed