• Wednesday: Soccer at Chapman, 3:15 p.m.
• Friday: Picture Day, starting at 9 a.m.
• Friday: Field trip to Wynn Nature Center
Homer Connections Program
Ongoing: Connections is currently enrolling new and returning students for the 2009/10 school year. A birth certificate is required for kindergarten and students new to KPBSD.
Homer High School
• Today: Battle of the Books, noon
• Today: DDF practice, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Homer Middle School
• Friday: Soccer at Soldotna, 3 p.m.
• Tuesday: Cross Country at Seward, 3 p.m.
• Tuesday: School Pictures
McNeil Canyon Elementary
• Today: School pictures, 8:30 a.m. Preschoolers invited 11–11:30 am.
• Friday: Cowboy Day. Students welcome to wear favorite western wear.
• Friday: School pictures
Paul Banks Elementary
• Homer Children’s Services Birth 2 Three, Public Health and the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District will be offering free developmental screenings for infants and preschoolers (newborn through 5 years). The screening will be held at the Homer Public Health Office, Bunnell Ave. from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Staff will screen your child’s vision and hearing, movement, speech and language skills, self-help, social development and early learning skills. Immunizations are available by request. To make an appointment, please call 235-6044. Children will be seen by appointment only.
Susan B. English
• Wednesday: Family pictures, 6-8 p.m.
• Thursday: School pictures
• Monday: Wrestling and Volleyball begin
West Homer Elementary
• Wed., Sept. 30: School Pictures
Former Homer High School student Andrew Peters, who received his undergraduate degree in religion from Northwest Nazarene University, is now attending Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Takima, Wash. Peters is a student of the inaugural class of 2012.
Comments are closed