• Sept. 10. Open House and Harvest Fair, 6-7 p.m.
Homer High School
• Homer High School’s Drama, Debate and Forensics Club will host a clinic for incoming eighth, ninth, and tenth graders on Sept. 12-13 at Homer High. The clinic runs from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration fee is $75, and includes lunch. Registration forms are available online, or for more information, contact Kathy Kysar at KKysar@KPBSD.k12.ak.us
Paul Banks Elementary
School hours: 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• School pictures will be taken by Life Touch on Tuesday, Sept. 22. A picture packet will be sent home with your child closer to picture day. Re-takes will be on Oct. 22. A portrait program will also be
offered in the spring.
• Paul Banks provides a hot lunch program. We ask everyone to please fill out the lunch application and return it to school. This form is included in the “Back to School” folder or you may pick one up from the school office. These confidential forms help determine how much funding PBE receives for the Title I program. Your attention to this matter is appreciated.
Pick-up and Dismissal Procedures
• Parents need to send a note with their child in the morning if there has been a change for the child going home at the end of the day. The note must contain the new bus number and physical location where the child will be dropped off. If you will be picking your child up at the end of the day, the school needs a note stating this. It is the school’s policy that if we have not been contacted by a parent of any changes the child will get on their regular bus to go home.
• The school will not take bus changes or “going home” changes after 2:45 p.m. each day, unless it is a true emergency. We cannot hold buses for last minute changes.
• If you are picking your child up at the end of the day, please wait in the main hall by the front office and when the bell rings at 3 p.m., you may then walk down the hall to pick your child up. Please exit out the doors at the west end of the building. This helps with the congestion at the front doors with our students in their bus lines.
• If you need to pick your child up early, please come to the office and we will call the classroom and have the teacher send your child down to the office to meet you. Dismissal time at PBE can be very hectic, and we need everyone’s help with this.
Susan B. English School, Seldovia
• 9-24-09 School pictures
West Homer Elementary
• 9-3-09 2:30 p.m. Cookie Dough Assembly
• 9-30-09 School pictures
Comments are closed